Often the result of a thumb habit, the upper and lower teeth do not meet at all when closing. It is difficult to chew or bite food.
“My child sucks his/her thumb.”
In addition, if you notice any of the following in your child...
- early or late loss of baby teeth
- difficulty in chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- jaws that shift or make sounds
...check with your orthodontist.
- speech difficulties
- biting the cheek or the roof of the mouth
- facial imbalance
- grinding or clenching of the teeth