Sometimes related to crowding, one or more of the upper teeth sit to the inside of the lower teeth when biting together. This can occur in more than one place in the dental arch.
“My teeth don’t overlap correctly.”
In addition, if you notice any of the following in your child...
- early or late loss of baby teeth
- difficulty in chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- jaws that shift or make sounds
...check with your orthodontist.
- speech difficulties
- biting the cheek or the roof of the mouth
- facial imbalance
- grinding or clenching of the teeth