Sometimes a result of uneven jaw growth, the upper teeth flare out too far in front of the lower teeth. Closing the lips over the teeth can be difficult.
“My child has buck teeth.”
In addition, if you notice any of the following in your child...
- early or late loss of baby teeth
- difficulty in chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- jaws that shift or make sounds
...check with your orthodontist.
- speech difficulties
- biting the cheek or the roof of the mouth
- facial imbalance
- grinding or clenching of the teeth