IMPACTED OR BLOCKED CUSPIDS
Sometimes related to crowding, the cuspids cannot erupt at all or they erupt too high, above the dental arch.
“My child has ‘fang’ teeth that are up too high.”
In addition, if you notice any of the following in your child...
- early or late loss of baby teeth
- difficulty in chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- jaws that shift or make sounds
...check with your orthodontist.
- speech difficulties
- biting the cheek or the roof of the mouth
- facial imbalance
- grinding or clenching of the teeth